The Mole Speaks

2005-07-05

Global Dimming, Warming, and How We're Fucked

I just finished watching a BBC documentary on the relationship between global warming, global dimming, and global climate changes. It explains how if we continue to reduce airborne pollutants but do nothing to cut back on greenhouse gasses the Earth's temperatures could rise 5 degrees celcius by 2025; which will cause a climatic disaster... On such a trend by 2100 we will see the total desertification of the northern hemisphere along with the complete destruction of the world's rainforests. To top off this hellish disaster, we have the release of trillions of tons of methane that is currently trapped in the oceans.

I am now deeply concerned for the future of humanity as it is apparent that the current governments of the world have little knowledge or care for these issues. I would like to distribute DVD copies to every congressmen and governor in the U.S. but I have sadly projected that cost to be in excess of $700 which I do not have. If you can do anything to help please contact me. If you would like to see this documentary, feel free to contact me and I will do what I can to get you a copy.

1 Comments:

At 06 July, 2005 13:42, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the world is going to end in 2012 anyway, so it doesn't even matter.

also, you are a nerd (as we have established in the past).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home